Thursday, April 12, 2007
InkSpotter's 4th Annual Finding the Right Words Flash Fiction Contest
"Give Me Shelter"
1st Prize: $60 plus publication
2nd Prize: $30 plus publication
Theme: "GIve Me Shelter"
Length: 500 words or fewer
Deadline: July 21, 2007 (postmark)
Entry Fee: $1.50
All dollar figures are quoted in Canadian funds. You may pay via Paypal and submit via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or send your entry and payment by postal mail. (No signature items please.)
163 Main Avenue
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Canada B3M 1B3
PLEASE NOTE: Money orders must be in Canadian funds and negotiable in Canada. Cheques may be drawn on any currency using current exchange rates and must be made payable to Betty Dobson or InkSpotter Publishing.
- Write a self-contained short story that conveys the theme in 500 words or fewer.
- Be original. Be concise. Be spelled correctly.
- Send your story in plain text in the body of an e-mail to contests@inkspotter .com (subject line = "Annual Contest Submission") or to the address above. Do not indent paragraphs. Leave one line space between each paragraph.
- All stories MUST have a title. DO NOT use the theme as your title.
- Be sure to include your full name and e-mail address. If your story wins, we'll contact you for your preferred method of payment.
- Enter as often as you like, but payment must be received for each entry.
- You retain copyright of your story.
- All entries will be acknowledged if an e-mail address is included.