bodybg02

Sunday, November 26, 2006

Fenced




If the seagulls can reach the pinnacle of the skies,
then why can't I reach you?
You're not too high nor so low
Yet I just can't stretch out my hands to reach for you

If a mother can touch her newborn child,
then why can't I touch you?
You're not so far away I know
But there's a certain distance between me and you

If the breeze can caress and kiss the petals of a rose,
then why can't I do the same with you?
You're just there, so close...so near
Yet all I can do is express it through a stare

And if a writer can express his feelings through inscribing words,
then why can't I say a word or two about the warm affection I've always felt for you?
All I can say is a mere "hello"
But I can't utter the words "I love you"


posted by Rachelle
at 10:37 PM