Friday, November 17, 2006
Weight Loss Tips for the Holiday Season
As we move into the holiday season, it seems like many of us put off our health and weight goals to the new year.
In my view, the holidays are one of the best times to decide to give yourself the gift of ... health.
Here are some ways to get started during this season of celebration:
- instead of attending a party, throw your own. Include healthy alternatives to the normal heavy and fattening dishes.
- when attending dinner parties, bring your own healthy dish. You can always eat your own dish if there are no healthy alternatives.
- if the topic of why you may not be eating something comes up, mention that this is what you feel like eating (the healthy alternative).
- say 'My doctor ordered me to eat ......'
- focus on the social part of the events rather than the eating.
- take some time out for yourself and celebrate your life.
- eat a healthy meal or snacks (fruit, veggies, seeds, nuts, etc) before attending an event so you won't be hungry. Gives you more time to visit.