bodybg02

Friday, September 21, 2007

My Life Unscripted by Tricia Goyer




MY SCRIPT: (essay format, LOL)

Being a teen is never easy. As a matter of fact, it can be the hardest time of your life.

High School. Dating. Peer Pressure. Eating Disorder. Low Self-esteem. Childhood Obesity. Acne. Bullies. Sibling Rivalry. Protective Parents. Moving...

And the list goes on...

Let’s face it – being a teen can sometimes really suck. I know because I’ve been there and though mine wasn't at all a "troubled teenage life" it wasn't something very pleasant either. When I was a teen, I drifted in and out of "bad" relationships, changed friends like I was changing shoes, developed a natural susceptibility to being taken advantage of by others, HAD the most overprotective parents in the world and worst, I nearly died of an incurable autoimmune disease (I still cringe at the thought). Now when I look back at my life, I realize there wasn't really anyone I could look up to (one who has walked the path before me, that actually cared to guide me on my path to womanhood--my Mom was yet too busy to have time). So I had to always push the things that matter to me aside to "accommodate" my friends (my grades suffered and I was ditched out of the honor ranking--made it to # six when they only honored five) because I thought they were the only ones that cared. To them, I looked like I can do anything, but really, I barely had self-esteem to make it through a day.

So I guess, it was sheer drudgery and luck that get me to where I am today. LOL

Adolescence sure wasn’t an easy ride but thank God, I survived it one piece! I realize now that I wasn't really the one writing my life...then.. I just went along with what was happening around me and depended on my intuition like most other teens do. Bad idea! Good thing God never left my side and carried me through them all!


"for he hath said, I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee...So that we may boldly say, The Lord is my helper, and I will not fear what man shall do unto me."
-- Hebrews 13:5-6



My RECOMMENDATION:

I highly recommend "My Life Unscripted by Tricia Goyer" (if you're a teen and you're reading this or know someone who is) because somehow we all walk through a similar path and reading another woman’s stories of adolescence (and survival if I may add) will provide you with some wisdom, guidance, laughter, healing, or just plain old comfort. So curl up with a cozy blanket and a mug of tea and learn from this amazing woman author. Enjoy!


TRICIA's SCRIPT::

Looking back at my drama-filled teen years I now wonder ... What was I thinking?

The truth? I wasn't. I lived from day to day on every wave of emotion. Some days excitement and passion partnered up, pattering wildly within my heart.

Other days, depression and anxiety were my silent friends. I lived each day as it came, with no plan for my future, for my relationships, or for my heart.

I lived my life completely unscripted ... and, well, it didn't go well for me. Teen pregnancy and a broken heart were only two consequences. Yet my prayer is that when teen girls are asked Who's Writing Your Life? their answer will be ME ... with the guidance of God, My Director.


Purchase My Life Unscripted by Tricia Goyer HERE!!!


posted by Rachelle
at 3:40 PM