bodybg02

Wednesday, March 05, 2008

Guest Blog: Notable Quotables

by Karen Harrington, author of JANEOLOGY


Erica Jong, author
Everyone has talent. What is rare is the courage to follow the talent to the dark place where it leads.”

Anne Frank, writer Anne Frank: The Diary of a Young Girl
“Parents can only give good advice or put them[children] on the right paths, but the final forming of a person’s character lies in their own hands.”

Dolores Huerta, activist
“If you haven’t forgiven yourself something, how can you forgive others?”

Maya Angelou, poet, educator
“It is this belief in a power larger than myself and other than myself, which allows me to venture into the unknown and even the unknowable.”

Golda Meir, first female Prime Minister of Israel
“Those who don’t know how to weep with their whole heart don’t know how to laugh either.”


Why offer you this selection of quotes on this day?

Through the course of the last two weeks in my run up to the publication date of my novel, I have been reviewed and critiqued, buoyed by some words and bruised by others. Fair enough. These are the accessories that come with putting any writing out into the universe. Or any art. Or any opinion, for that matter. If you are like me, you have learned it takes courage to do so.

So, wherever you happen to be when you read the quotes above, I hope they encourage you as they have done for me as well.

Now, go and create what you are meant to create today. And take strength from all the great women who have gone before you.


posted by Rachelle
at 11:25 PM