Tuesday, September 30, 2008
31 Beauty Tips for October
Try a new one for each day of the month!
1. Just like you update your wardrobe each season, you should also update your look. Try trendsetting makeup collections that coordinate perfectly with every season's fashions.
2. Here’s an easy-to-remember rule for applying eye makeup. Place the darkest shade closest to the lashes and go lighter as you move up to make the eyes appear bigger and brighter.
3. Having a hard time deciding which foundation shade to wear? Go for the darker shade or the one with yellow undertones. It’s guaranteed to give your skin a warm and pretty pick-me-up.
4. Gloss is the hippest lip product of the moment and comes in fabulous shades. And it outshines other formulas because it’s shiny – not sticky.
5. Eye colors look best when they’re blended together. Blend your eye colors well with an Eye Definer Brush.
6. Here’s a time-saving idea that truly works: Keep duplicate makeup products at the office to eliminate the need for carrying your makeup bag back and forth. Plus, you’ll have everything you need to freshen up for an evening out after work.
7. Exfoliate your lips once a week to keep them kissably-soft and lipstick-ready. Use a Lip Mask to remove dry, chapped skin and rehydrate lips with a Lip Balm.
8. Intensify your eye look by applying Eyeliner Pencil along your upper and lower lashes. Smudge the lines for a dramatic, smoky effect.
9. To help your lips look fuller, line them around their outermost edge, not on the inside, and apply lipstick. Then apply lip gloss in the center of your lips to accentuate your perfect pout.
10. Want your eye color to last longer and remain crease-free? Prime your eyelids first with an Eye Primer.
11. Nine out of 10 women saw younger-looking skin with TimeWise® Age-Fighting Eye Cream, and you can too! This rich, luxurious eye cream minimizes the appearance of fine lines around the eyes for smoother, younger looking skin.
12. The microfine crystals in the TimeWise® Microdermabrasion Set deliver smooth, radiant skin with similar results as those you would get from a dermatologist. No appointment necessary, and you’ll see instant results at a cost that’s easy to live with.
13. To keep body skin smooth and glowing, be sure to exfoliate regularly. Try one of the deliciously scented Sugar Scrubs and follow with Moisture Lotion in the same scent.
14. Before heading outdoors, be sure to apply Sunblock SPF 15 from head to toe 30 minutes prior to sun exposure.
15. After applying lipstick, avoid the temptation of pressing your lips together. It can smudge a precise line and remove shine.
16. A girl’s got to have at least two versatile pink lip colors — one that’s delicate and soft to wear year-round, and one bold pink with pure pucker power.
17. Here’s the perfect trick to applying natural-looking blush: Apply cheek color to the “apples” of your cheeks. To find yours, draw an imaginary line down from your pupil to the center of your cheek and apply color. Then lightly blend it outward toward the top of your ear, filling in the entire cheekbone area with soft, sweeping color.
18. Caution: Brows in mirror can appear bushier than they actually are. Never use a magnifying mirror when tweezing your brows — it can distort your perspective and make you tweeze too much and too thin.
19. Want super-smooth legs? Try Mary Kay® Moisturizing Shave Cream for a close, clean shave.
20. For youthful looking lips, try a light, shiny lipstick. Dark colors can make thin lips appear even thinner.
21. Don’t forget your lips need sun protection too. Try Sun Essentials Lip Protector SPF 15.
22. For a dewy complexion, try mixing a little moisturizer with your foundation and then apply.
23. Mary Kay Ash always said that looking good on the outside can make you feel great on the inside. Try one of the fabulous fragrances from Victoria's Secret or Bath & Body Workds to make yourself feel beautiful, inside and out.
24. Want to banish that blemish? Try Acne Treatment Gel. It's clinically proven to dry and clear acne blemishes. To cover it up until it heals, dab on a dot of Concealer and let it dry. Then apply your foundation over it and set with powder.
25. If a late night leaves you looking tired the next morning, try applying Crystalline to the lid and browbone to open the eyes up for a more refreshed look.
26. Give fair/ivory skin a healthy-looking glow: Apply a bright pink cheek color onto the apples of the cheeks before applying Bronze Highlighting Powder.
27. Here’s a little inside beauty secret – lip gloss reflects light and gives the appearance of fullness to lips.
28. Want Hollywood-worthy red lips? First line your lips with Red lip liner pencil then kiss them with a Creme Lipstick in Red Salsa. Add Natural Lip Gloss for all-out glamour and shine.
29. Did you know oil-producing glands tend to hit their peak production hours between 10 and 11 a.m.? Don’t be caught off-guard. Take a beauty break and blot away oil and shine with Oil-Absorbing Tissues.
30. For a natural-looking year round glow, lightly dust Bronze Highlighting Powder across cheeks, forehead, down the bridge of nose and along the jawline.
31. Like everything else, makeup brushes can carry bacteria. Make sure to wash them every two weeks in a gentle diluted shampoo. Baby shampoo works wonders.