Friday, January 25, 2008
101 Cups of Water: Relief and Refreshment for the Tired, Thirsty Soul by C.D. Baker
|COMMENT on this post for a chance to win a hardcover copy of 101 Cups of Water by C.D. Baker. Don't forget to leave your email address so I can contact you if you win.|
ABOUT THE AUTHOR:
C.D. Baker founded and operated an
award-winning insurance business before redirecting his career to write. His historical novel Crusade of Tears in The Journey of Souls series earned a Christy Award nomination. He’s completing a master’s degree in
theological studies at the University of St. Andrews in Scotland, where he splits his time from home in Bucks County, Pennsylvania. His website is http://www.cdbaker.com.
ABOUT THE BOOK:
C.D. Baker dips into the flowing stream of God’s love and draws out relief, refreshment, mercy, hope and sustenance for a new generation of Christ-followers. Baker’s clean, simple prose is paired with evocative, black and white photographs that will etch each truth into the reader’s memory.
WHAT MAKES THIS BOOK GREAT?
- You don't have to squint your eyes because the sleek layout and Garamond typeface makes reading easy on the eyes.
- Each "Cup of the Day" comes with an illustration on the left side that reinforces the message and brings the feeling of relief and relaxation.
- The brief one-page read is just perfect. It doesn't take much of your time and gives "busy" people a chance to keep their lives on track even while they're in the car, inside the office or waiting for a bus.
- The first person narrative reads like someone is speaking to your heart but it's not another person, it's still YOU.
- The writer's honesty as scribbled on the pages is very touching and insightful. There are times when we need a friend but we don't want one and this book just fills the void.
- Each day's teachings challenges our faith, exposes our emotions, encourages character development and reminds us that God is still in charge of everything.
We all need to feed our souls to sustain a healthy spiritual life and this book is just choc-full of writing goodness. If you have to pick a devotional today, make it 101 Cups of Water by C.D. Baker.
101 Cups of Water by C.D. Baker
Publisher: WaterBrook Press
Release Date: January 18, 2008
$11.89 from Amazon.com
Purchase 101 Cups of Water: Relief and Refreshment for the Tired, Thirsty Soul by C.D. Baker HERE!!!