bodybg02

Sunday, October 28, 2007

Lisa's Gift by Mackenzie Mckade


COMMENT on this post for a chance to win a copy of Lisa's Gift by Mackenzie Mckade.


ABOUT THE AUTHOR:

Mackenzie MckadeA taste of the erotic, a measure of daring and a hint of laughter describes Mackenzie McKade’s novels. She sizzles the pages with scorching sex, fantasy and deep emotion that will touch you and keep you immersed until the end. Whether her stories are contemporaries, futuristics or fantasies, this Arizona native thrives on giving you the ultimate erotic adventure.

When not traveling through her vivid imagination, she’s spending time with three beautiful daughters, a devilishly handsome grandson, and the man of her dreams. She loves to write, enjoys reading, and can’t wait ‘til summer. Boating and jet skiing are top on her list of activities. Add to that laughter and if mischief is in order — Mackenzie’s your gal!

Web URL: www.mackenziemckade.com
Email: mackenzie@mackenziemckade.com
Yahoo Group: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/macsdreamscape


INTERVIEW:

Why did you become a writer? Was it a dream of yours since you were younger or did the desire to write happen later in your life?
I never thought of becoming a writer until around 2001. An avid reader I devoured all of Iris Johansen's and Kay Hooper's books. I also watch a lot of CSI on television, which made me wonder if I could write a book as intriguing as these two ladies. My first book was a paranormal mystery. It has never been published, but the writing bug bit me and I'm now hooked.

What do you love about being an author? Is there anything you dislike?
I enjoy the creative process, the ideas, the characters, and developing a story on a single idea. I’m not real tickled with deadlines and edits. Once I'm done with a story I like to move onto the next one begging to be written.

How do you balance your personal and writing time?
I’ve recently returned to the workplace. I have to admit that I’m not doing a very good balancing act. Every free moment is filled with either family or writing. My biggest complaint is that I don’t have enough time to read and there isn't twenty-six hours in a day.

How do you write? Do your characters come to you first or the plot or the world of the story?
Most the time I start with a vague premise. After that the characters take shape and it’s not long before they take over the story. Their world builds around them to accommodate their needs and situations.

What genre(s) do you write? Why do you write the stories that you write?
I write futuristic, paranormal, fantasy, contemporary, western, and bdsm in the Erotic Romance genre. I was asked in 2004 by an agent if I could write erotic romance. I gave it a try and it appears it suits me. I love the freedom I have in this genre.

What is the biggest misconception about being an author?
Probably that we are wealthy and different from the average person on the street. I hate to burst anyone's bubble, but we're just like anyone else. We have dirty laundry that has to be done and dishes in the sink we wish we didn't have to wash. The only difference is that we have a wild imagination and choose to put it down on paper--after the dishes are done, of course.

Do you tend to base your characters on real people or are they totally from your imagination?
The majority of my characters evolve from my imagination, but a few have been created due to certain traits or behaviors of individuals that have caught my eye.

Out of all the characters that you've written, who is your favorite and why?
That's a hard one for me. I loved the feistiness of Abby in Lord Kir, but the heart of Lacy in A Tall Dark Cowboy always pulls at me. My true favorite is a character out of my second book, which was never published. As you probably can tell I love feisty women. Tamara was everything I pictured a woman 'should be' in the ninth century. Strong, independent, and clever enough to find her way in a man's world.

If you were writing a script for the big screen, who would you want to act in your movie?
Oh my! I’ve never even imagined such a thing, but I’d have to say Patrick Swayze. He has that bad boy persona, plus he can move. The sensuality in his dancing would be a real plus. I wouldn't know who I choose for the leading lady, but I'd sure have my hand raise high.

What would you want readers to take away from your books?
Total fulfillment. I want to meet or exceed their expectations and take them on a journey of emotions. My goal is that the readers fall in love with each of characters and feel what they do as they grow and find the love of their life.

Do you have any advice for beginning writers in regards to writing a book?
Don't give up. This business isn't easy, but it's the writers that keep writing that finally win in the end. We might never become a Nora Roberts, but if we can touch one person we have accomplished more than most people ever will.

I read somewhere that on average authors publish after writing their fourth book. THE GAME was my fourth book and my first published. So, don't give up!

Who are your favorite authors?
Christine Feehan, Iris Johansen, Stephanie Lauren, and Kay Hooper are some of my favorite authors. But, I have to admit there are many authors that I find enjoyment in their work. I can't believe how many talented authors are out there.

What are you reading right now?
I just finished Decadent by Shayla Black. If you like a good ménage, I highly recommend it. Next in line is Christine Feehan's Dark Celebration. I can't wait!


ABOUT THE BOOK:


BLURB:

Friendship crosses boundaries and love becomes a triangle. Can Jana learn to trust—through submission?

When opportunity knocks, Jana Ryan knows it’s time to face her demons and return to the city she ran fast and far away from. Her homecoming isn’t exactly what she expects—she finds Lisa, her best friend, in a rather erotic position with the one man Jana has dreamt of since high school.

The redheaded beauty is everything Lisa promised Nicolas Marchetti. Jana is sexy and exquisite and he can’t wait to sexually dominate both women. The triangle with the gorgeous redhead and beautiful blonde is every man’s fantasy. Yet there’s something about Jana that makes him want her and her alone. His attraction to her is unsettling—it goes beyond the physical.

Only by conquering the trials ahead of them, can Jana and Nicolas find their way into each other’s arms. Forever.


EXCERPT:

Jana glanced back at Nicolas. He was staring at her. “What?”

“Do you want me to tell you what I see in you?” From the hungry look on his face she would rather not.

“No.”

Again, he leaned back in the booth. That mischievous grin she remembered back when
she used to watch him with his friends slipped across his face. “Scared?”

Hell yes she was scared. She had always wanted this man. The years hadn’t changed anything. “Not interested.” She played indifferent, reaching for her wine and taking a sip. Then she released a heavy sigh to drive the point home.

A light danced across his features as his grin grew. “Liar.”

“Whatever.” She brushed him off with a tilt of her head. But if she thought that her impassive behavior was going to stop him, she should have thought again as she took another drink of her wine.

“You are scared—scared of the attraction between us.”

When his foot slid up her leg, Jana choked on the alcohol that chose that moment to go down the wrong way. Air. She needed air as her windpipe closed.

Within a heartbeat, Nicolas was by her side. “Gentle breaths.” He patted her back. “One and then another.”

I’m dying. She wheezed in a breath that went nowhere. She inhaled again, making a rather unbecoming sound like a cross between a snore and an asthmatic attack. The whole time Nicolas was there, talking, touching her softly.

It took a moment, but finally Jana could breathe again. Her eyes were misty and nose running as she excused herself and hurried toward the bathroom.

What the fuck! She leaned against the counter and stared at herself in the mirror. It was no mistake that Nicolas was coming on to her. And there was no mistake that Lisa didn’t mind. How Jana wished she could deny that he made her body burn. She had fantasized about being with him since she was just a teenager. What would it be like to make love to Nicolas Marchetti?

She couldn’t—could she?

Nah… She shook her head. It would be weird. He was Lisa’s boyfriend. But the fact was, she needed to feel the touch of a man. She wanted to find someone to love.

Nicolas just wasn’t the man for her.

Jana grabbed a tissue, dabbed her eyes, then blew her nose with a loud snort.

She needed a plan to get through dinner and then go home alone.

Concerned, Nicolas watched the bathroom door, and was relieved once Jana exited. He stood as she approached. Her eyes were swollen, her adorable nose red. “Are you okay?”

“Fine.” Sitting at one end of the crescent-shaped booth, she refused to scoot over, forcing him to sit at the other side. “The wine just went down the wrong pipe.” Picking up her glass, she hesitated then set it back down.

He slid clear around on the semi-circular seat until he was within touching distance from her. Her mouth went dry. She glanced at him, feeling her palms start to sweat.

The salad had arrived in her absence, and he busied himself tossing it, mixing the dressing and cheese, before placing a generous helping on her plate.

When he attempted eye contact she glanced away. She had grown distant, not that she had previously been warm by a long shot. He was back at ground zero.

Serving himself a heap of salad, he picked up his fork. “Where were we? Ah… Yes. I was just about to tell you what I see in you.”

“I wish you wouldn’t,” she said, looking down into her plate as she stabbed at a piece of lettuce.

“Strength,” he offered the single word.

Her head shot up. “Strength?” Their eyes met and he felt her surprise. Obviously she’d expected something superficial. Like how her eyes sparkled beneath the light like two crystals, or perhaps how silky her hair looked draped across her shoulders like a red curtain.

The salad was good, fresh and crisp, the dressing not too tart he noticed as he took a bite. He would have to remember to compliment Antonio later tonight.

Nicolas let her think about what he said before he continued. “Look at what you have achieved in such a short period of time.” He picked up the basket the waiter had set before them and offered her a breadstick, but she shook her head. “You’ve been alone since you were eighteen. Moved to a different state. Started a new life where you had no friends or family to rely on. You have a college degree and have a brilliant career ahead of you. How many people can say that?”

A warm sensation filled him when she smiled. “A lot of people have degrees.”

“True. But not all of them have put themselves through school,” he countered taking a sip of his wine.

She stabbed another piece of lettuce with her fork, but didn’t put it in her mouth. Instead she shrugged. “I was given a scholarship.”

“You earned that scholarship. Even so you did this by yourself—alone.” He placed his hand over hers. “Jana, Lisa says you are a strong, beautiful person. I know she’s right.”

A soft expression fell across her once-tight features as she extracted her hand. “Thank you.” She grinned, dropping her gaze once again to her salad plate.

“What?”

Continuing to smile, she met his eyes. “You’re not exactly what I thought you were.”

He pulled his brows together. “What did you think I was?”

“Well, arrogant for one.”

Nicolas feigned surprise as he flinched at her words.

She giggled, the sound like bells swaying in the breeze. “Superficial and a whoremonger.”

He pressed his palms to his heart. “I’m hurt.”

“As if,” she said. Her eyes danced with laughter for the first time that night.

“Well perhaps whoremonger is accurate, because I sure want to taste your lips right now.” An ache began between his thighs, tightening and pressing against his black slacks. His sight was riveted on her full lips. How soft would they be against his? Would she whimper softly beneath his attack?

“Nicolas. I’m sorry, but I’m simply not attracted to you.” She swallowed hard, giving away the fact she lied. “If I’ve done anything to mislead you, I apologize.” Her hands left the table.

It was a challenge he couldn’t ignore.

“The thought of me pressing my lips to yours, of my tongue delving between them doesn’t make your nipples hard?” He waited only briefly before saying, “Tell me your breasts aren’t heavy. That a slight tingle hasn’t begun slowly filtering through them, aching for me to stroke them? Place my hot…wet…mouth on them?”

He trapped her gaze with his and paused. “Tell me you’re not moist just thinking of how my hands would feel caressing your body, stroking the flame that burns in your belly, building it into a raging wildfire. Because that’s exactly what I would do to you.”

With his last words her eyelashes lowered halfway, the thick fringe hiding how her eyes had grown steamy. The increased rise and fall of her chest was a dead giveaway that he had aroused her.

He continued.

“I would touch every inch of your body with my hands and mouth. I’d make you scream for me to take you. Then when every nerve ending grew so raw that your skin was alive, I would enter your pussy slowly until you tossed back your head and screamed my name.

“Nicolas,” he said his name in a whisper. “Your orgasm would explode as I filled you.”

“Stop.” She breathed the word.

What the hell had he done? His cock was rock hard. His palms itched to touch her. His mouth watered to taste her. This was torture and he had driven himself to this unbearable point. He couldn’t find the strength to release her from the hold he knew he had on her.

“Stop? Or do you really want me to lay you on this table in front of all these people? Grab your ankles, slowly parting your legs, before I bury my face between your thighs, licking and sucking your clit?”

Jana gulped down a gush of air. “Fuck.” She squirmed in her chair.

“Oh, doll, I will do more than fuck you,” he promised, the idea sending his hormones into a frenzy of desire.

“No. I didn’t mean— Oh shit! Just stop, Nicolas, stop.” She pressed her palm to her mouth. She mumbled through her fingers, “This isn’t right. You’re sleeping with Lisa.”

Nicolas’s hand slipped beneath the table. He cupped his hard erection as his eyelids grew heavy. God, I wish this was your hand, doll. “Lisa and I have an agreement.” He ran his fingers across his engorged cock. “There is no commitment between us.” He reached for her hand, removing it from her full lips, and she didn’t fight him. Instead her hand trembled. What would she do if he placed her hand between his legs, showed her how she affected him? He scooted closer to her.

Jana was almost his. He could feel her surrender in the softness of her skin, the way her fingers intertwined with his.

The server arrived with their main course and the moment was lost.

She jerked away from his touch. A light blush crossed her cheeks as her spaghetti was placed before her.

Damn!

But the evening was still young and Lisa had promised to stay away the entire night.


REVIEWS:

"Lisa's Gift is erotic, sensual and sure to leave readers feeling warm and fuzzy after reading it. Mackenzie McKade is a mind-blowing
authoress who knows just how to burn up the pages for readers. Jana is so down-to-earth and real. Readers will definitely feel a kinship with her and all the pain she went through in her life. Lisa and Nicholas are hot, hot, hot, in both their personalities, and their sexual encounters. Do not discount Jana though; once Nicholas and Lisa break through her barriers, she becomes quite the wild cat. Jana just needs to let down her guard a little and let Nicholas take control. When Jana does, Nicholas will not know what hits him. Everything about Lisa's Gift was extraordinary, from the real life aspects, to the drama and especially the sex. I could not put this story down. The plot line of this story has Lisa giving Jana her wildest dream, was phenomenal. Sparks just jumped off the pages as I read. It will be
awhile before I find another story that affects me the way this one did. Mackenzie McKade is definitely a goddess of erotica and I cannot wait to read more of her stories soon."
-- Amanda Haffery, Just Erotic Romance Reviews

"Lisa’s Gift is very nearly perfect! I really enjoyed so many aspects of this very well-told story, including the heartwarming and poignant friendship between Jana and Lisa. While not quite my cup of tea in the elements of the very strong themes of dominance and submission that flow throughout this story, I found the threads of innocence and trust woven within these pages to be utterly wonderful. Be forewarned – other themes include F/M/F, foursome, BDSM, and very graphic sensuality. Nick is a great character as well, and his need to dominate is balanced by his concern and care for the women in his life. I’m not giving any of the delicious details of this plot away; you’ll just have to read and experience this jewel for yourself. Mackenzie McKade gives readers a thick, juicy slice of heaven in which to sink their teeth, and wraps a very moving premise up expertly in Lisa’s Gift. You’ll not want to miss a single letter of this one!"
-- Michelle, Fallen Angel Reviews


Lisa's Gift by Mackenzie Mckade
ISBN: 1-59998-497-0
Publisher: Samhain Publishing
Release Date: April 10, 2007
Genre: Contemporary Romance
$5.50 from MyBookstoreandMore.com



Purchase Lisa's Gift by Mackenzie Mckade HERE!!!


posted by Rachelle
at 3:25 PM